Friday, September 17, 2010

Shana tova umetukah! FREE QP

A very special Holy day deserves recognition -
Yom Kippur, the new year
comes today- with the greeting
"Shana tova umetukah"; A Good & Sweet Year to you.

 Elsina (EMSArts) has a beautiful kit called Fall from which
I made a QP.[ I hope that some day my designs
will be of the same quality as hers!! ]


So much history is connected with this observance.
A reverant day, a day of fasting.
A day of remembering and a day of repentance, or in modern terms,
a day of 180 degree turns. I love Israel and the Jewish people.
My Great Grandparents were German Jews.
So I commemorate this day with this video
and a Quick page for you called Second Chance.

Because it is written of HIS faithfulness-
that if we turn from our unproductive, selfish ways,
He will forgive and welcome us. All of us, any of us.
Man will fail us, but HE stands firm on our behalf.
He gives second chances, and new years full of potential!
 You may download the full size PNG version
( without the photos  and word art) HERE
             
I am discouraged by our circumstances, and nearly overwhelmed
by the injustice we endure with threats of federal imprisonment
if we speak of what has happened. 
I identify a bit with the suffering of the Jews,
and persecuted Christians- peoples of faith around the world,
 Today, in my sentiments, I am "in the place" of the author
of these verses and praying for a good, sweet new year, unlike the past 4 :

"God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
His merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left."
Lamentations 3:22-23 (The Message)


Blog Post end sig small

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quickpage and sentiment! Amazing clip also! Shana tova and me we all be inscribed in the book of life!

    ReplyDelete